Tuesday 4 June 2013

Day 2 Mary Lou retreat

Yesterday I noticed some bright colours as I approached the Jacklin Art Centre but didn't stop to check them out. Today I stopped and took a closer look, poppies!



A closer look.


Back in our sewing room is Judy's quilt under construction that I forgot to share in my last post.


Fresh fruit to start out the day.


Even more fresh fruit.


Monkey bread, yum!


By 10 o'clock I finished getting my birds together. I have a few ideas to add but I'm not sharing these yet.


We then went on a field trip to Bear Paw Quilting in Coeur d'Alene, a very nice shop.


Some lovely panels for sale.


They have a lovely selection of wool to appliqué with.


Class samples on display.


Inspirational sayings.


Needlework and more signs.


Cute owl pin cushion like one I made a few years ago.


Tina busy making our lunch.


A very flavourful watermelon like the ones you used to enjoy.


Fresh guacamole, cowboy caviar and chips.


Next project the fish block exchange, 24 fish along with a turtle I designed.


One of my fairy gifts, love the sayings on the coaster and mini notebook.


One of Mary Lou's quilts that she collaborated with Freddy Moran. Freddy did the pieced outer border and Mary Lou did the appliqué.


This quilt is heavily embellished. Love the bee.


The long eyelashes are amazing.


A work under construction for the John C. Campbell Folk Art School depicting life in the area and classes offered.


Great carrots, beets and turnips.


Luscious strawberries.


Flower sampler.


One of my favourite quilts, I feel like a witch when I don't get to stitch. Notice all the use of rickrack on this piece. On the lower edge of her collar and the legs of the spider.


On the broom it looks like the old tied corn brooms.


Check out those laced up boots.


Baked potatoes for dinner with all the trimmings along with some BBQ beef.


End of day 2 this is Cathy's granddaughter seeing fireflies for the first time by the Lincoln Monument.


Sister Judy's octopus has a head, the face will be done with embellished ribbon and braid. Her jacket with have a badge that the volunteers wear at the aquarium.


Wendy's Christmas cow had a 3-D holly collar on but is being prepped to be stitched on.


California Sandy is making Mademooseille Chocowlate's Cafe. Notice the body is a chocolate mousse cake, her ears are cuccakrs.


Carol's collection of blocks is growing along with her first potted flower.


Cyndi's blocks are multiplying.


Janine is experimenting with her blocks and potted flower.


Mary Lou's sample.


The collection of watering cans from our last block exchange.


Mari's birds of paradise are coming together. Her lettering is all straight edged but from a distance it looks curved.


My far right fish are all stitched together, and the cluster of five are also stitched. I'm planning on having some spaces to maybe out some kelp or more sea creatures. The guy on the lower right has two smaller fish that he is chasing.


Stay tuned for day 3.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Sandi
Thanks for my lovely book mark. It was waiting for me when I returned home from my last trip.
Take care
Sue

Sue said...

Hi Sandi
Many thanks for the lovely bookmark. It was waiting for me when I got home from my last trip
Take care
Sue