Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day 3 Mary Lou retreat

We started sewing and Mary Lou had a show and tell and discussion about using colour in quilts. This very large quilt remembers her grandmother who was a cowgirl. I have a full picture of this from a previous retreat. I love the colours she used to depict the horse, the eyes are great.


Grandma loved purple.


She made great cowgirl, not cowboy coffee. The bugle beads on the cactus just sparkle when you see the quilt in person.


That rabbit is just jumping off the New Mexico quilt.


Mari serving up her lunch, another great salad with turkey.


Cheese, and mini corn, tomatoes and cucumbers on top of fresh romaine.


An example of a hoochy flower.


Tina finishing of the last of the cup cake display for dinner's dessert.


Pork rellenos, warm tortillas, brown rice, sour cream and salsa for dinner.


Grated cheese, lettuce and onions to garnish your meal.


Cup cakes waiting to be enjoyed.


My road trip top is finished. Monday morning I made the licence plate and appliquéd it on in my room.


A bit closer look at the story inside the frame. When my mom saw it she was concerned a out the car straddling the yellow line!


Cathy made a patriotic half size cow today.


Below the patriotic cow's legs you can see a mini moo also by Cathy.


Judy is adding more sea life to her Trusty Rusty quilt.


Mari's birds of paradise are all together, I think she is going to add a border.


Carole's collection is growing.


Cyndi has three potted flowers.


Janine is perfecting her hoochy blocks.


Sandy is appliquéing her cow, she didn't want to cut up her lovely background.


Wendy's Christmas cow is getting a holly collar that is 3-D.


A closer look at the collar, notice the candy cane print for the cow's face.


My fish are all together and need some eyes appliqués or sewn on. I'm doing that tonight and will pat a picture tomorrow. Lots of progress being made by everyone.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: